Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ruby

I'm glad it's Friday!  Friday means I can stay up and make cards for all the challenges that I have missed during the week!!!  Tomorrow is a birthday party for one of my daycare children!  I'm excited!  So I came home from work tonight and made this card!  Actually, I love this card.  I colored Tommy the Turtle, Sweet n Sassy digi, with SU water color crayons.  I used SU Whisper White card stock for the base.  I used SU Concord Crush as a contrast.  I cut out a small piece of Silver Shimmer paper from SU (I LOVE this stuff....the picture doesn't do it justice.)  I cut a smaller piece of Whisper White and stamped it with SU"Happy Birthday" from Swirls and Curls Verses.  I also cut a smaller piece of the Concord Crush and used the opposite side of the patterned paper.  I wrapped The Twinery Lilac twine, from Sweet n Sassy, around the glimmer paper and made a small little bow.  I added some design by piercing the paper with my new paper piercer from SU.  I also added some purple eyelets to the sentiment card!  I am entering this card in Tuesday Throwdown challenge, #61,  that can be found here.  I am also entering this card in the Sweet n Sassy Crazy 4 Cocoa challenge, C4C10, which can be found here.  I am also entering it in Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge #101 because I had to have this birthday wording and this is probably the first time I have used it.  You can find the challenge here.  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. How CUTE is Tommy turtle in this card! I love the colors and sparkle! Thanks for playing along with the Crazy4Cocoa challenge!

    ReplyDelete